Friday, October 07, 2005

Need technical help with blog

Yeah! You heard it.
  1. This horizontal scroll bar shouldn't be there. Any idea how to remove it? You can view source and try to figure. Some missing table tag? Style sheet?

    Update 1: Some one posted a long comment that was breaking my template. It was edited. Tiny URL ppl. But there is still scroll in main index.

    Update 2: It is because of Farrago recent comments. No body reported them this bug ?!?!? Bug is on the developer site as well, LOL. Well lets see. I may user their comment hack to resolve the anonymous user headache.

  2. RSS feed isn't working. Mevi pointed it a while ago. How to fix it?

    Update 3: RSS working! Thanks to Mevi. I published this blog to my web site like 6 months ago, then republished it back to blogger. Since then atom URL was imranaziz.net. Resaved the publish setting and RSS is pimp now.

  3. How to manage my permanent links? So many blogs to link, so little space. I don't want to run chatter either.

  4. How to 'force' users to have some identity without registering for blogger? I don’t like ‘anonymous’ comments. Hard to tell who said what.

    It is not commenter’s fault. Blogger gives 3 comment settings: blog members, bloggers and any one.


    And of course, I want 'Any one' to comment. Then on comment screen:



    The option 'Other' is what I want. Not the 'Anonymous' one. But I can't have that option if I turn anonymous off.

    Any Idea how to have only 'other' comment option and not 'anonymous' one? I don't want to try haloscan comment. Popup window, yuck yuck. Also, make comments appear detached from the post.

  5. I have to manually send trackbacks in haloscan. Is there a plugin that do that automatically for blogger? In MT and typepad its built-in.

    Update 4: Blogger just gave Backlinks.
Thanks guys! Prizes are:
  1. Become moderator in a new ubber geeky forum
  2. Unlimited help for your blog
  3. Uncensored picture of my goat!
StumbleUpon Toolbar

4 Comments:

At 10/07/2005 07:03:00 PM, Blogger Preston Gallwas said...

Hey bro, the RSS feed location should be
http://quixtarsucks.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Not whatever it is now

 
At 11/24/2005 08:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lately my blog is suffering as lot of problems. I can't log in because the password has already expired. I don't how to recover them. I bad need some help as soon as possible.

 
At 7/23/2006 07:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you manage to use the Farrago recent comments hack without the orizontal Scrollbar?

 
At 7/23/2006 03:21:00 PM, Blogger Loser said...

I think I did

 

Post a Comment

<< Home