Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I am in google sponsored links?

The Internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it. (John Perry Barlow)

Yesterday, September 06 2004, I saw a bit heavier traffic on my site when I checked my sitemeter. I saw the referrals and find out that google is sending me a lot of traffic! I followed one link, only to found out this blog was listed under the sponsored links. What the f*ck! Here are the screen captures. See the upper left corner.

Search Query: Billy Florence

Search Query: Passport Bo Short

Search Query: bo short passport

It's not there now.

Well, we all know that there is a blog war going on between Qrush and Qrushed. Qrush messed with Scott Larsen and Scott Larsen said ok! Blog War started.

It would not be fair to not mention whataboutquixtar.com, who has a vigilant eye on this all issue, specially on Qrush.

But wait, who put my site under the sponsored links in google? Where do I fit in? I am not in passport. I never attacked Billy Florence or TOD. I was not even in TOD? I was in BWW. This is the first time I am using their name on my blog. All I know is that they are in TOD, a motivational organization of Quixtar. I think that this whole motivational AQMO business is a scam hence I am not a big fan of them, but how do I fit in this whole fight? I am not angry, just wondering.

Anyways, I just found it interesting to write about. Any one who did that, I don't know what to say to them. I am not angry, worried, happy, scared or excited. Just a little confused.

On second thought, any one who did that, you are welcome to do that again. It would be wrong if I ask you not to as my blog is public. I like it to be public and it is for public. Link / sponsor me anywhere.

StumbleUpon Toolbar

4 Comments:

At 9/08/2004 02:54:00 PM, Blogger Loser said...

You are right Rogers, I had no control over the wording, I didn't know it at the first place. I have no idea who did it.

And the wording was misleading. It's obvious that this blog was used in someone else's game.

 
At 9/09/2004 05:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant see why any one of the IBOs in the war would pay for an ad for you. I would bet its one of the other team. Sounds like someones willing to throw some money into the fray to keep the anti quixtar voices heard. Now that I do find interesting. When someone starts spending money you have to wonder why - what's their return on investment? Who's paying the bill?

 
At 9/09/2004 05:50:00 PM, Blogger Loser said...

Well, it could be some pro quixtar IBO, to make other party look guilty ;)

 
At 9/11/2004 01:45:00 AM, Blogger Loser said...

Yes. Doing pretty well so far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home