Saturday, August 28, 2004

Quixlam

In a hadith narrated by Abu Hurayrah, the Prophet (peace be upon him) is reported to have said:
If you guarantee me six things on your part I shall guarantee you Paradise. Speak the truth when you talk, keep a promise when you make it, when you are trusted with something fulfill your trust, avoid sexual immorality, lower your guise, and restrain your hands from injustice." [Ubadah Ibn al Samit, Ahmad, Bayhaqi]
As you might've guess, I am Muslim. I was in an organization in Quixtar where few people above me were also Muslim. I always find it extremely wrong when religion, any religion is used as a way to make money. And not just that, as a way to fool other people. Well, it’s our, human beings’ history that people are always manipulated by their religious beliefs, I’ll stick to the topic of my blog i.e. Quixtar.

Inspired by quixtarBlog’s Quixtianity.

Here are following things done on the name of religion:

Understanding Islam:

My sponsor and upline are Muslim. They promoted a tape of another crossline Muslim Understanding Islam. The content of the tape is superb. No question. It was a very good deed. May Allah S.W.T bless you (for the content).

BUT, was that tape distributed free among all Muslim IBOs, or even given at the production cost? Who am I kidding here! Its cost was same as every other tape, i.e. $10 CAD. My upline pushed 4, 5 copies on me, while I was heavily under debt, at the verge of bankruptcy. And kept mentioning that I should’ve bought more. I don’t know how much he pushed it on his other legs. He knew
my financial situation very well. Yet he pushed me a tape which had no business use for me. Neither was I at risk of quitting Islam. I wonder if he has ever listened to the tape as apparently he need to “Understand Islam”. What do you think?

By the way, equal and even better Islamic teachings are available FREE on the internet. Search Google and you got it. If you are going to mosque regularly, which we all should, you must be getting them FREE any way.

Q-Business gives you a chance to meet non Muslims and thus preach Islam

Oh really! How many IBOs have converted non-Muslims into Muslims? Was Islam not spreading before Quixtar? History tells us it was, since 1400 years. Yes, Muslim met many people because of business, (not just this business) but it was not the “Business” that converted people to Islam. It was the “character”, some thing king pins don’t have.

Tell me, how many non-Muslims are converted by IBOs? I’ll be amazed to see a double digit number.

Tell me, do you ever talk about Islam to your business associates / prospects? I never did. I was never told by my upline to do that. I and my associates didn’t have the time and interest for non business activities.

Tell me, non-IBOs don’t meet non-Muslims? News for you buddy, we all live in North America. We interact with non-Muslims on a daily basis. At work, at gym, at play grounds, in school, in malls, every where. I had been in the houses of my friends and colleagues. Some times I went there for fun. Some time I was asked to help in house moving or computer etc. It’s not a big deal to meet non-Muslims in North America. Like it or hate it, they are every where here, in majority. And quite accessible as well.

Religious scholars need donation from people like us
(A Muslim IBO said this to me)

Now that’s insulting to all preachers, of every religion. Read history, moron, before opening your mouth about any religion. When Islam started, those people sacrificed every thing to spread Islam. EVERY thing, their lives, money, relationships and property. So does the religious preachers of other religions did. If they hadn’t done it, religions will be out of our lives. Did any body specially rich and powerful people help them? It was other way around wasn’t it? Yet people were attracted to them by their message. Hey it was not BWW conference that one would need money to attend. And there were no IBOs back then.

Sure, it’s good to help preachers. But don’t EVER be mistaken that without your money they can’t do anything.

And an important question: How many IBOs are able to Donate from their Quixtar income? Don’t get me wrong here; many Muslim IBOs may be donating. If they are, may Allah bless them. If they are not, may Allah still bless them. My point is, are they donating from Quixtar money or some other source of income? As majority failed to make any profit after expenses. You can’t donate from $750 Loss / month can you?

How much donation Muslim IBOs have given to Preachers from their Quixtar income?

Ramadan

Every one living in present connected world knows about Ramadan. In Ramadan, we Muslims fast and open it at sunset. I asked my upline how I can build this business in Ramadan since after opening fast, one has to go to mosque for a long prayer called Taraweeh, and it’s impossible to build this business then.

Guess what the "Understanding Islam" person e-mailed me,
Eagle Imran

[skip]

As for Taraweeh prayer, well you can't do anything. We build the business in this order:

1. God
2. Family
3. Business.

God does not mean that you just spend all the time in the mosque. There is nothing wrong in that, if somebody chooses to. It’s just that, then, one can't build the business. Islam requires us to have a balance between Deen (Religion) and Duniya (World). Some ppl go to Taraweeh because its imp in their lives to the extent that even if they had a job at the time, they would not go to work. On the other hand, you find ppl who use it as an excuse to miss the meeting and suddenly every Tues, they have to go to Taraweeh.... Best is, ask.... do you attend Taraweeh every day... And if the answer is yes, then so be it. But for you and me, we can always and should always say Taraweeh at least at home in the eve. I am sure Allah will reward us for the sacrifices that we make to build our business which is also Ibaadat (Meditation). Through this business, we help people lead better lives, earn better livelihood, better up bringing of their kids, better husband wife relationship, no TV and of course better relationship with our Creator. Amen.
But, every Muslim knows very well, day is not tough in Ramadan. It’s the evening that is important to offer Taraweeh prayer. IBO work hours! And business taking priority over Religion?

Holy Quran says:
"If it be that your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your mates, or your kindred; the wealth that you have gained; the commerce in which you fear a decline; or the dwellings in which you delight - are dearer to you than Allah, or His Messenger, or the striving in His cause -then wait until Allah brings about His Decision: and Allah guides not the rebellious." [Al Qur'an 9:24]

StumbleUpon Toolbar

4 Comments:

At 8/28/2004 03:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amway and now Quixtar is based on people coming together for a common cause, There is a lot to learn from observing them, how they think, how they encourage others, how the group is organized to preserve it's integrity, how it repels attacks from outsiders, how it purges itself of thinking that would be counter-productive to the direction the group is being led. I think it doesn't matter what religion you are, muslim, christian, or even someone who doesn't religiously follow any of those. You could have a lot to learn by observing Amway, because one thing you have to give them, whatever direction they are going, they are fundamentalist about it.

Outsider's Perspective

 
At 10/11/2004 09:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why isn't there an IQ test before allowing people to register as IBOs? I'm amazed at the amount of "shocking discoveries" people make long after starting their business, that to any analytical thinker would have been apparent at first look.

The next amazing thing is the celebration of failure and victimhood by the not-so-bright folks after they discover they have not what it takes. Are embarassment and weakness really something our society encourages? Is there some kind of glory achieved in advertising foolish mistakes?

I understand that misery loves company, but how about just learning from your defeat, acknowledging your limitations, and then expend some productive effort to find your rightful place in the order of the universe?

 
At 10/11/2004 09:47:00 PM, Blogger Loser said...

My dear anonymous coward,

What are you saying? If some one is scammed, he should not dare to speak against it and keep quiet? And thus let the scam continue? Convenient for the scammers, no?

Many "shocking discoveries" are hidden as much as possible, e.g. income coming from tools.

So if I dare to speak up, I am celebrating my failure. What about my other blogs? And sharing my experience, good or bad is wrong? Says who? You, some one who is not secure enough to reveal his / her / it name.

Anywho, what is it that it takes exactly? Would you like to explain?

 
At 9/13/2007 03:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAWRB Imran,

It would be real interesting to get the perspective of Muslims in Quixtar. I was in Quixtar from 2001-03 in the Larry Winters organization. I kind of just phased out without really outright quitting. I mean, at the time I wasn't too practicing and I just combined all my prayers at night if I had a meeting. I have a Muslim friend who qualified Silver a little while back and he asked me the other day if I'd ever get back in. Maybe I'll just do the minimum 40 bucks to get vitamins and XS; I think some of the products are still good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home