Sunday, September 05, 2004

Delayed gratification: Or wasted life?

"Don't take life too seriously -- it's not permanent."

Schools are about to open. My youngest brother Usman a.k.a. Bumpi asked me to see Wild Water Kingdom today. It was a lot of fun! Crazy slides, relaxing lazy river, artificial waves and a lot of other amazing water attractions. We had such a great time. Definitely one of the best days of this summer.

This summer we also did a lot of other stuff, like we went to camping, canoe and portage 16 miles, camped right in the middle of bear kingdom in Algonquin park, Learned football, (American foot ball), played a lot of basket ball, and squash. Last winters we played XBOX.

Now I am thinking that if I would be still in Quixtar, I definitely won't be able to do all these things. I would be working for my future! They call it Delayed gratification. Lets say I'll go diamond and make 90K / year. (yeah! that's right. Three Diamond Myths) but look what I'll miss. Will Bumpi be 12 years old then? Will my brothers living with me to play the games together?

Also, I would like every one to read a book A Painted House. It teaches the life's biggest lesson. I won't ruin it by telling you what it is. When you'll read it, you'll know what I mean.

StumbleUpon Toolbar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home