Saturday, July 16, 2005

Encounter with aliens

I met two IBOs in the wal-mart today!

There is a new wal-mart opened near our house. We went to visit it. My brother works near it. He had to buy steal-toed boots for this job, and I had to buy normal shoes. We found both of them on sale. $10 each!!

Wal-mart rocks. And we bought some other stuff like cricket hat we were unable to find in whole Toronto etc. And oh yes, snorkels for beach etc.

In sports sections, an IBO creeps in and start throwing his pitch to my brother.

My Borther: Looking for baseball bats

IBO: Do you like Baseball too?
My Borther: Yes.

IBO: Are you interested in making money?
My brother: Yes.

Here I come…..

IBO: We are based on a Markham based company and we are expanding in this area and we are looking for some key people here. (Weird accent. Weirder than mine. Stupid immigrants)

Me: Is it a multi-level marketing?

IBO: Yes.
Me: May I ask the company name?

IBO: Blla blee bloo
Me: Well, we don't like MLM, We both are techies.

IBO: Well people are making a lot of money in this and Job just keep you broke ....
Me: Good luck!

After a minute, kicking my self. Why didn't I make fun of him? Caught me off guard. Ok next time!

Counter: A girl standing in front of us. Holy crap, it's the daughter of a platinum from Radisson Open. Let’s bug her.

Me: Hey aren't you daughter of XXXXXX?
She: Yes, how do you know my Dad

Me: Oh he used to show the plan in Radisson open.
She: Does he know you?

Me: I don't think so. It's been 2 years.
She: Oh that long huh.

Me. Yeah!

We pulling stuff from cart. Yup, there are snorkels.

Me: We are going to Peter Island!

She and my brother both are laughing.

Ok, she didn't prospect me. And I didn’t make fun of her. But I’ve got an idea.

If you are an IBO, don't come to me, I'll come to you. And I'll have some fun. Maybe I'll steal your dream :o

Stay tuned. Looks like I'll be going a LOT to that wal-mart. IBOs, I'll be there to prospect you!

StumbleUpon Toolbar

4 Comments:

At 7/17/2005 09:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blla blee bloo ?

I never heard of that one. Could this be another misspelling? Perhaps you meant Boola Boo Ball. Their HQ is on the banks of the River Woo-Wall. They never have troubles at all.

Outsider's Perspective

 
At 7/17/2005 12:35:00 PM, Blogger Loser said...

Oh, It's just that IBOs hide Quixtar / Amway name behind some BS. Like Britt World Wide or eCommerce Private Franchise or eBiz Setters. He said some thing like that.

 
At 7/17/2005 08:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I see. Boola Boo Ball is one of the MLMs described in the Dr. Seuss financial planning series.

 
At 9/28/2007 02:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Platinum's daughter buying stuff from Walmart???

Aren't IBOs supposed to buy stuff only from their own business!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home