Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Retailing tips

Hello guys.

ALERT: POSITIVE POST, POSITIVE POST

First of all, I've been an IBO, for 9 months. I am NOT an expert at retailing; in fact I suck at it. However, I am just sharing few thoughts, if you are willing to hear someone who sucks at retailing and not a big fan of Quixtar (well, AQMOs).

Tip # 1: Easy PV.

Yeah, there are services which can make 100 PV easy without spending $250 plus. E.g. Long distance phone service, CC card. I am out for more than a year so I don't know if that's been changed. If it hasn’t changed, then try concentrating on it. See if you can spend few hours in a busy mall and ask ppl to sign up for CC card. Check Q-Rules first. I don't know if there's a rule preventing that. Or, you may go door to door. I have sales people doing that. Let’s say in few hours you have 15 signed up forms. Let’s say 5 of them got approved. You'll get 500 PV after few months. Yeah those PV come late (if that's still the case) but 500 PV for 6 hours every month! Not bad eh! Same goes with the long distance phone service sign up. We had primus. Pretty competitive, if not the best.

Tip # 2: eSpring

Become a maniac of eSpring. This should be your first priority. Forget every thing else and concentrate on retailing eSpring. It is not a bad product. 270 PV right? Try standing on filtered water section on a mall and prospect ppl buying them. Have their number and you know the rest. You should maintain a research file as well on eSpring facts. 1 eSpring a month is not hard.

Tip # 3: Self consumption

Now don't hate me. I am not saying doing 100 or 300 PV. ONLY use those products you want to, e.g. toothpaste, shampoo, skin care, laundry etc. These products, arguably, may save you some money. Handy to promote to guests. And have a lot of guests ;) As a customer, I like the products that save me money!

From now on, every Tuesday I'll try to post 3 retailing tips. I repeat again, I am not a successful retailer. I don't like doing retail, and if you are willing to take advice from me then ... good luck!

I’ve posted some of other retailing tips in some forums. I'll try to do so here. I might have actually made some money instead of losing it if I hadn't spent so much time on opens, plans, quests and other insipid stuff. Well I was told "It's not selling". Non-system IBOs, use that time.
StumbleUpon Toolbar

4 Comments:

At 9/29/2004 10:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outsider's Perspective

Good Morning Imran,

In today's news, I have not been kicked off of qblog (again) for nonsense. None of my posts are being removed from the board because they don't make sense to decision makers. Of course reasons don't make sense because everything important is too sensative, and discussions might just lead to bigger problems. Is Passport an issue? Is Bo concerned about exposing his ideas in the current climate? Is Deb still upset after coming clean about the millions in profits? Are new people upset about being harassed for leftover motivational thinking? I don't think the problem could be those old posts about the survivor's pyramid. Was it a mistake to discuss politics and the presi

 
At 9/29/2004 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Loser said...

Morning Outsider's Perspective, I think some of ur post here was snipped.

I don't know what to say. I like you, and I mostly agree with you, even in politics, which is the hardest thing to agree on. I don't know why it happened but I'd love to stay in touch. There is a forum whataboutquixtar.com, I am kinda addicted to it.

 
At 9/30/2004 05:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Eric, I didn't mean to ignore anything, and I did respond to most I think. The last email said I am banned. What could I say? The PM before that was about new rules set up for me. What did you expect? I did respond several times to try to ask you what I said in my posts you don't like and why you don't like it? All I get is obscure stuff about my posts are adding nothing of value or are nonsense or I am not heeding your warnings. What were the warnings for? What did I post that was wrong? If you said something honest, we could talk about it. If you just want to call me childish or whatever, I don't think there is anything I can say in my defense.

jim

 
At 10/01/2004 07:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I think some of ur post here was snipped."

That was my Robin Williams impression. Did you see Good Morning Vietnam?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home