Friday, September 17, 2004

Why hide the products?

Products and services are life and blood of every business. What business is without them? But when I was in Quixtar, I remember products and catalogues were so badly hidden from prospects. Quixtar site is designed in such a way that nobody without a password can browse through the products. I think it's not an ethical business practice. Is it?

On the other hand, their mantra is they got the best products on the earth. If they have, show them to prospects. Show them the catalogue, and let the product's magic work.

If products are really that good, why hide them?

StumbleUpon Toolbar

3 Comments:

At 9/18/2004 07:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, but is that a deliberate design feature or a side effect?

I also was mystified by how hard it was to find out more about the products. The impression they left me with was that they were afraid I'd comparison shop. Indeed, when I logged in and checked out many of their products, I found the selection rather disappointing.

Like a laptop a year or two behind the curve for as much as a more recent model.

My two cents.

- Tim (Random Observations)
http://tim.2wgroup.com/blog/


(Hi Imran! Just thought I'd come check out your place over here! Good stuff! ...)

 
At 9/18/2004 02:40:00 PM, Blogger Loser said...

You are right marc. This is with Quixtar 2.0. Glad to see that. I hope it stays there. And I hope that prospects are encouraged to browse through it so they could make an informed decesion.

And good to see you Tim :)

 
At 9/18/2004 09:55:00 PM, Blogger David Stone said...

Best products money can buy, as long as you don't mind paying nearly 30% more on core line items.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home