Sunday, September 19, 2004

Motivation: when it is required?

Yesterday I was getting a haircut, and the barber, a talkative guy, was whining how bad business men these Chinese are. I apologize for the racism, but those were his words. He said when you go to their shops, they don't say hello. They don't smile. They don't talk to you. They don't ask how you are doing. Don't say good bye etc. All I said was,"But they are making good money".

The truth is, china town is the cheapest spot in Toronto. I would be paying half amount for the same haircut there. (It's far else I'd be there!). I won't care if a salesman talks to me at all. As a matter of fact, I'd be rather happy.

This got me thinking. So does that mean that in all other shops where salesmen / saleswomen are overly courteous, I am paying for their courtesy as well? I don't wanna pay for that! I am much happy to do without it. I am not alone. There are many people who choose to go to China town for shopping. Attraction: saving.

Customer wants to save money; business owner wants to make money. That's the first rule of business. You don't need an MBA degree to get that, do you?

But in Quixtar, why there is so much motivation and hype required? Is it there to cover the lack of money for an average IBO? I don't get any motivation to go to work. I continue to go there. Why? Money. If there was money in Quixtar, they won't even need to 'show' the opportunity. Why 90% jobs are never advertised in North America?

Keep all the motivation, show me the money!! But wait, isn't that how you make money?

StumbleUpon Toolbar

4 Comments:

At 9/20/2004 01:43:00 AM, Blogger Loser said...

NSAIBO: What happened to ur blog? It's more messy then AMO's ethics ;)

 
At 9/21/2004 10:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once in a visit to Toronto, someone took us out to eat in Chinatown. He knew of a lot of great restaurants there. But the restaurant he took us to was closed for a private party. He took us down the block to the next one, but it was also closed for a private party. Even the next one and the one after that. Every restaurant he knew about was closed for a private party, so we ended up just picking another one. It was ok, but perhaps it was a little too authentic. Us Americans have a pretty clear idea of what we expect in a chinese restaurant, and this was the most different one I ever saw. Especially the hot and sour soup.

Outsider's Perspective

 
At 9/22/2004 01:19:00 AM, Blogger Loser said...

Oh! This is what I get there:

width: 760px; background: #4386ce url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_blue/bg_body.gif) repeat-x left top; font-family: helvetica, arial, verdana, "trebuchet ms", sans-serif; color: #204063; } blockquote { margin: 0; padding: 0 10px 0 10px; border-left: 6px solid #d8e7f7; border-right: 6px solid #d8e7f7; color: #477fba; } code { color: #809eba; } hr { display: none; } /* layout ------------

Something like that. I'm on Mozilla 1.7

 
At 9/23/2004 09:52:00 PM, Blogger Loser said...

Yes it is :) I opened it in editor but couldn't find what's wrong. Good to see it alive and kicking ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home