Saturday, November 27, 2004

New prospecting technique

I met an IBO few months ago. I was searching for Halaal food at Price Chopper and he said 'Salam'. He was Indian, yet he greeted me in Muslim style. It is quite courteous actually to relate to other cultures, but an alarm in my head goes off. Mostly IBOs do that....South Asian guy saying hello to a stranger in grocery store, beep-prospecting-beep-prospecting-beep.

He was quick. He asked me, do you know a company named Quixtar. I said uh, yes. I was 1000 PV in my first full month. What level are you? This is my technique to get rid of IBOs. And it's true, no lie or lame excuse. He said oh I am at 600 PV after couple of months. (Ha! Sucka. I was better than you, PV being the only measure eh!). He left quickly.

If I had said no, I don't know Quixtar; I might end up going to a meeting and whatnot.

So there you go. Ask people do you know Quixtar? Many won't know. Then they're all yours.


StumbleUpon Toolbar

3 Comments:

At 12/01/2004 08:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imran,

You sound like too nice of a guy to be a high quality ex-IBO. I like the example of imanewme over on Roger's board, tell the recruiter, "You're wasting your time paying that *sshole to be your friend, you know". I think she set the standard that we should try to follow.

Outsider's Perspective

 
At 12/01/2004 09:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may have been 1000 PV , but you're nothing now.

 
At 12/01/2004 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Loser said...

Dear Anonymous, "nothing" means not involved in Quixtar any more? Funny you use the word nothing. Ppl who do Quixtar are EVERY thing, ppl who don't are "nothing" despite their success in "real" world? Or just considering them as "equal" human being like IBOs? Oh wait! who am I kidding here, you can't. P & G will roast in hell along with critics eh! And we all are satanist? Good stuff, either you are a pin in Quixtar, or you are "nothing".

BTW I spent 300 personal PV to reach to that pin, costing $800ish, plus FED etc. paid $300ish, spend $1200ish even more. It is good to be 1000 PV like that? Not really! But it really keeps the IBOs away.

O/p, you are right, I need to tell them they are involved in a scam. They like it or not, their problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home