Friday, October 22, 2004

FDA Tackle Food Supplements

IOM, FDA Tackle Food Supplements -- American Academy of Family Physicians

Ok guys, I'm scared about taking supplements. They can do some harm. Yes you heard it, harm!

Should you be taking supplement? It could be dangerous, even to a healthy person. Possibility is there and steps are being taken to prevent it. I'm not saying Nutrilite products are bad. God no. BUT, supplements may cause some harm in some cases. I don't know. I am not a Dietitian/Nutritionist.

Oh wait, so are the IBOs selling Nutrilite telling how stupid doctors are (I heard that!). Funny the moment a person signs up for a vitamin selling MLM they became so expert in food industry that they start calling doctors stupid!

Also, I think a person should consult a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist for an eating plan that is personalized to his needs.

http://www.dietitians.ca/english/faqs/faq_28.html
For most people, eating a variety of foods as suggested by Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating will provide all the necessary nutrients. The average healthy person does not require vitamin or mineral pills, even on a stressful day.
Bottom line, Nutrilite may be best of the best, but I'm not taking ANY supplements. Yes I admit I'm a chicken. If there is 0.0001% possibility they can do some harm to me, why spend money on it? I'd rather buy some stupid XBox game. They are fun at least.

Further reading:


StumbleUpon Toolbar

2 Comments:

At 11/02/2004 02:07:00 AM, Blogger Loser said...

Hi Marc,

If you read these sites, most of them target against "Miracle" supplements. Nutrilite is pretty ok.

I do take daily Quotidien. When that'll finish I'll decide between Fruit and Veggie or Another Daily. If I'm about to get married then Ginseng ;)

Good to see you, dont see you a lot in forum though.

 
At 11/06/2004 02:09:00 PM, Blogger Loser said...

Ok marc here is what happening, every time I look at the proces of Nutrilite I got scared.

Maybe Nutrilite is better than the ones OUT there, I rather do something else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home